Ideology in the Post-Ideological World
24-25 February 2017
organised by Interdisciplinary Research Foundation
The last decades of the XX century faced the closure of the epoch, marked by ideological confrontation and generation of the idea, focused on the unique and integral discourse. Actually it has led to the blurring of distinction between political opponents, and the successful realization of the social state concept neutralized the relevance of the political struggle for the present-day society. However, first decades of the XXI century already demonstrated the illusiveness of the collective values and moral principles, and the ideologies struggle has developed with renewed vigour. Will contemporary political institutions and society be able to cope with a new challenge of the post-ideological world?
Conference panels will be related, but not limited, to:
- Liberalism and conservatism in today’s world
- From the economic well-being to new social values
- Ethnic superiority ideas. Principles of modern nationalism.
- Ideology and religion
- Ideology and discourse
- Ideological wars in the information space
- Open society boundaries: a challenge for the present-day state
- Multiculturalism policy: from the tolerance idea to aggression
- Ideology research: from the scientific knowledge to the public opinion in social networks
- New political ideologies
- Political institutions and new ideologies’ challenges
- Ideology in the virtual world and social networks
- Ideology in culture and literature
- Economy and ideology
- Democratic values and right turn
We invite proposals from various disciplines including political sciences, history, philosophy, sociology, anthropology, literature, etc.
The language of the conference is English.
Selected papers will be published in the post-conference eBook.
Full registration fee – 150 € Student registration fee – 115 €
Conference venue: Pracownia Duży Pokój, ul. Warecka 4/6, Warsaw (entrance from ul. Kubusia Puchatka)